Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Dr Brain strikes again

I talked to Dr. Brain for a long time tonight.  She thinks the insomnia is possibly an anesthesia reaction, possibly from them messing up my meds in the hospital, possibly a reaction to the mirena, possibly mania.  Hard to know.  But she defintely doesn't like me taking so much medication, so she gave me even more for tonight.  Which is good since I only got 3 hours of sleep last night and have been moving since.  I'm actually a bit sleepy now but I don't trust that feeling anymore.

She's so great. She's going to try to see me Thursday so I don't have to come back up here yet again Saturday (I'm staying in Cleveland tonight and tomorrow for testing and my Dr. Pee appointment on Thursday).

I'm probably facing 1-2 more weeks of disability, this time for psych.  I think we have to start over again with paperwork; gotta check on that.  There's a tiny chance of fixing this by Monday but it is tiny.  Work is awesome though, just told me to get better and they'd worry about work.  Which has never happened before.

I got 14 pages of explanation of benefits today.  I haven't totalled everything but let's say insurance is good.  I have about $1500 to pay and the other approximately and then anything else done the rest of this year is free.  Needless to say I will be pushing people to do any and every test they might ever want done.  That's especially going to be true for urology, who I really want to be very agreesive and find out what is in there and why it causes problems.  Now is the time to do it.  And while this is negative sounding and unlikely to be an issue I also am glad that if this sleeping gets beyond controllable at home (ie drastic changes I can't do alone are needed) a psych stay would be free.  Any biopsy of my kidney would be free as as well any further imaging.  I don't know if my pulmonologist has any tests he's burning to do but bring them on if he does.

Anyway, I'm going to see if the sleepy I kind of feel may become real.  A night of sleep sounds so incredibly good.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is SO much good news woven into this post! Work is fantastic. You have such a positive outlook about potential testing.

I'm really impressed! I just had my first day of training to be a licensed massage therapist so I'd better go study.

Blessings...like sleep...be yours! Michal

Bonnie said...

I'm reading this half way through Wednesday. I hope hope hope you got some restful sleep.

Cranky Amy said...

YAY for good insurance!!! And I hope you actually got good sleep last night! Have fun with the testing.