Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Purpose

One reason I've not been  writing is that I feel like everyday, every minute is about getting sleep, not messing up my sleep, or feeling bad from the meds (they make me nauseous as well as exhausted).  But I also am not giving myself credit for doing things, and small things really matter right now.  So these posts may not be exciting but they are what I need to look at and do to see I'm not worthless.

So, today I:

  • got up and dressed in clean clothes and remembered to complete all hygiene (yesterday I did not)
  • went to the ATM
  • faxed disability papers to several doctors
  • went to the dentist and got my bite plate revised so i can use with it asthma and has full face xrays taken
  • contacted work trying to find out where to find my dental insurance information
  • made a baby hat for an organization I'm donating them to and started another
  • opened and sorted packages that came in the mail.
  • deposited my disability check
  • bought a tire gauge at the local hardware
  • got ice cream (these last few include walking up a little block and back)
  • did some laundry
  • talked to my mom for a few minutes on the phone
  • took a 30 minute nap
  • made a big yarn ball (the only part of knitting I hate)
  • developed a plan for getting help from Dr. Brain
  • washed some dishes
  • microwaved supper and ate a sandwich at lunch
  • cried when I needed to
  • made this list.
So I am not doing nothing.  These posts may continue to pop up as I work on believing myself.  Somehow I've convinced myself that not being well yet means I'm bad or not trying or something.  My assistant called the other day allegedly with a question that really turned into "when you are coming back, I'm losing  $ here" and that was really unfair and let me feeling terrible.  Because right now I'd guess 3-4 weeks based on the past.

Any time to deal with laundry again.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Jen, you've been busy AND productive!

I have a blog (which no one has the address for) where I do the exact same thing. It's boring for others I think, but I document what I have done each day - especially in the summer when I have no set schedule. It gives me something tangible to look at to remind myself I am not unmotivated/worthless/lazy. I SO get it! I am also the person who, after mowing her lawn, gets in the car and drives so I can come home and SEE how nice the lawn looks. Ha!

It's not good how we judge ourselves and count ourselves as worthless. But I do the very same thing. Why I wonder (?) ---- at least we've both figured out a way to feel better about ourselves.

B.

p.s. Your lists are not boring to me. It's interesting to get a little glimpse into the every day things of your life.

ewwww - that sounded stalkerish. NOT what I meant (but I hope you would know that about me by now)

Bring on the lists!!!

Anne said...

I think you did a lot. Plus I look forward to your blog entries.

About the job, you gave them notice, it's not your problem how they handle your absence.