Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, November 22, 2009

sometimes i"m stupid

I did a lot yesterday. I tried to fix my furnace, did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned my house, saw Dr. Mind, did 2 treatments, drove 2 hours, was with the furnace man for a long time, bought a furnace, then went to the pharmacy and hardware stores. When I came home I installed a new shower head. So I knew I overdid and would pay today.

Well, today came along and I had energy again. So I took advantage even knowing I shouldn't. I scheduled carpet cleaning (seems like a good idea after the furnace installation), I have cooked a little, done more laundry (more to come and I need to iron tonight to stick to my stress management plan). I also put up plastic coverings over my patio door, inside and out. Shrink wrap is fun. When I realized how bad the door is I also used that spray foam stuff to seal some of it because that door must be replaced in the spring. In fact, not only does the door have to be replaced so does the linoelum (too bad, I HATE what is there). Oddly I think the neighbor children were calling me "Olivia" and getting upset when I wasn't responding. I love that name, but it isn't close to mine. Nor have I met the neighbor kids in question. And I'm still needing to do several things. Like make dinner. And hang (and please God NOT iron my kitchen curtains). And clean up a few things since the furnace people come tomorrow. And change my sheets. And I'm tired........

And to make it more interesting, I was correct and apparently it is much easier for a hip patch to fall off, because mine did, despite being taped down when it came loose.

I can't believe I've done this to myself. At least Thursday is the holiday. I may work Saturday, I still don't know, but I offered since I don't get paid for Thursday. I'm actually hoping not though.

I'd better check those curtains. I hope they can just be hung.......

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Hey "Olivia!" No wonder the hip patch fell off! You worked it to the bone. You're revealing all in your journal...

You're quite the handywoman. One day I'd like to hear about your multiple talents...and I don't think "stupid" is one of them. Sad to say that's one of the bad words that comes to mind when I'm upset with myself. It's really not very nice, is it?

I'll be looking forward to the next things you share.

"I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Ephesians 3:16-19

In Christ, Michal