Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, November 29, 2009

A world of bleach and scalding hot water

I just bleached every single item in my bathroom. Even the walls. Either with full-force bleach or that anyplace spray. I have a load of clothes washing in scary hot water (the hottest my tank can do) and then will do a vinegar rinse. The next load gets bleached to my best ability, and then I have a load of professional clothes that are also going to get cleaned heftily before being worn again. After tonight these sheets can be bleached (2nd set so far) along with whatever I touch tonight. And in a few minutes I'm going to (very carefully given my water setting) shower me, and then take some seroquel so I can sleep. I really, really need to sleep. I'm getting manic. Which is no wonder with 3 days since I had Seroquel. I accidentally took zofran closer together than I should have. I'm on a lower dose so it won't hurt, but that is how sick I am. I don't make that kind of error, I'm on too many scary meds to risk it.

Tomorrow is a visit to Dr. Body, which I'm praying I don't have to beg for. He'll see me, it's just matter of having to talk to the nurse to explain my situation if he is booked. I'll be calling at 9:02. I actually think I may need one more thing of fluids. I can't get enough in to make up for what I lost plus my extra needed for the diabetes insipidus. Plus I think I have a UTI. And I need to know when I can put my patch back on. I'm getting really worried about being off psych meds so long. I don't like it. They said no last night but I can see blood in my urine. Lots of it. I also have trace amounts, not visible. I also am supposed to see Dr. Mind but that depends on timing and if I still feel contagious. I probably will cancel; this is too virulent to risk it even though I need to see him. No point in making him sick so he misses appointments. That I'll decide in the morning.

At least I should make it through the night at home. I ate Jello because I finally felt hungry, then it made me nauseous. Not as much as it has been though and everything has stayed put now for 12 hours.

The doctor's office will be fun. I'll have to wear a mask and use sanitizer and I bet everyone will stay very far away. I don't have H1N1, but the rule there is nausea=mask and I'm nothing if not compliant. I hate masks.

Anyway, I think my laundry just finished. Time for rinse 2 with vinegar, which I pray disinfects as well as the internet claims.


Michal Ann said...

You're the woman. You're very brave to do all that sanitizing. I hope it affords you a sound sleep in your fresh bedding. Have you ever read "The Velveteen Rabbit?" Please reply.

I've been sleeping off and on all day, definately experiencing a lot of pain but I've been able to keep up with the fluids, Zicam and vitamin C. My lousy bug sure keeps YOU in my prayers.

I'm so sorry this happened to you; its terrible timing in my humble opinion.

I hope tomorrow brings great appointments and much relief.

"Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8

Anonymous said...

gah! just left you a long note and couldn't post it. well, basically it said hey, just checking on ya...i stopped by a while ago via a link to your blog by my friend julia (kidneys and eyes). glad you're home from the hospital and hope you're done with the flu. the sanitizing should definitely help! stay well - people care about you, even if we haven't met yet!

just beth